I need help with Semi-Automatic 74 VW

Started by chesco, 06 January 2012, 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

chesco

I am the happy owner of a Semi-Automatic Beetle 74. The car had many problems, but the most worrying was the lung clutch servo and carburetor. After spending more than € 2,000 on parts and labor, the car is running at today. I have several questions for you, which I hope will help me.
Besides, I had the good fortune to find this wonderful forum.
The previous owner moved the piece that brings the shifter and now, reverse gear, I have to do this by pressing down. Do not know if the piece has this lever is right or not. What is the exact position you have to carry this piece, the 1 or 2? Thanks for everything.

chesco

Nobody has a beetle from 74 Semi-Automatic as you can tell me that part is located? 1 or 2?
I need help, please.
Sorry for my poor English.
Thank you.

68autobug

Hi
the reverse lock out plate - the long piece that sits up in the air is on the LHS...
so reverse cannot be selected with out pushing down on the gearshifter knob...

sorry, I don't have a photo of My new NOS reverse lockout plate that I have just received.

Lee in Australia

-- Helping keep Autostick beetles on the road --
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

http://photobucket.com/68autobug

chesco

Thanks for your reply Lee.
I put the piece as in the photograph No. 2 (this is how it goes in cars with manual transmission) and the automatic transmission works perfectly.
Thank you.

68autobug

EXCELLENT

Best Wishes to You and Your Beetle..

where are You located?

Lee in Australia
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

chesco

volkenstein

Chesco,
            Hola! Que tal? A donde es su en Espania? (probably very bad spanish!! :-X)
A '74 in Europe is a rare car, an Autostick '74 rarer still. I would treat the
transmission very gently!! Glad you figured out the shifter plate. It looks like a manual car's
plate.

Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

chesco

Hello Volkenstein ...
The truth is that my car is a '74 Autostick very difficult to find in Spain.
The downside of this is that there is no specific forums or good professionals who are able to fix these cars.
However, it is much more comfortable to drive and consumption is lower.
Greetings.

nexuseus

excuse me

a manual 8,5 l/100,  an automatik 9l/100

I see it on a vw manual

68autobug

You will notice the difference in the manual type of reverse lock out plate between the manual and automatic