34 pict 3

Started by Eddie, 21 May 2007, 21:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie

I have a new 34 pict-3 that has no hole in the upper right spot where a vaccum port should be. There is the place for it, just not drilled. I need the upper vaccum for my auto-stick. Can I drill the hole through? If so, what size hole should it be?
                                                                       Eddie. ???

Cobey

I did this modification.  I did mine with a 2mm, though a 1mm or 1.5mm might be better.
(0)(=|=)(0) 68 Ghia Vert - Gina

btl069

won't you be able to use the left front vacuum port?

btl069

this is the left port I was pertaining to.

Eddie

That port must be larger or below the butterfly. If I try that port, it lets the clutch out really hard.

volkenstein

Eddie/Dennis,
                 You will find that particular port runs all the way down to below the butterfly. It's a vacuum retard port for the DVDA distributors. Hook your CV feed to that and your shift's will pretty well be rubbish.

In answer to Eddies same question on Thesamba :

Drill a 4mm hole, 8mm deep into the blank boss. Drill through to the venturi with a 2mm drill. The spigot should have a "jet" inside it of 1.5mm. You'll either have to shut off one end (if you use typical 4mm OD x 3mm ID tube) to close it down to 1.5mm or (in Dennis' case) you could use a Mig gun tip of 1.4mm wire size, bore that to 1.5 and turn the OD down to fit. I hope you didn't lose it already ;D

The only real critical part is the 1.5mm "jet" in your spigot, the through hole would be nice since 2mm is the standard size.
You need to have 5-6 in/Hg to fully activate the CV diaphraghm when you open the throttle to accelerate.

I put my spigot in using Loctite Super Bearing mount. You could pein it in if you wanted to.

Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

Eddie

Thanks Volkenstein. I am going to do that and will post my results. Thanks again.
                                                                                   Eddie.

Bookwus

Hiya Eddie,

Sean's (Volkenstein) advice is right on target, as usual.  However to help a bit with translation (he's down in Oz) this might be helpful........  I used a 3/16 bit to drill into the boss and finished it out with a 9/64.  Worked quite well for me.
Mike

1970 AS Bug

Eddie

Thanks Mike. I was just going to a conversion chart. Ha.
                                                              Eddie.