Author Topic: Sources for AutoStick Parts  (Read 15849 times)

Offline 66bugman

Re: Sources for AutoStick Parts
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2014, 14:34 »
found this company on the web they have a whole list dedicated to autostick parts to include oil pumps vacuum servos full transaxles and more http://www.evwparts.com/volkswagen/AutostickTrans.html

Offline 68autobug

• Global Moderator
  • 68AutoBug - Lee in Australia
    • My 1968 Autostick Beetle
Re: Sources for AutoStick Parts from the USA
« Reply #16 on: 10 May 2014, 14:39 »
Yes
evw in the USA seems to have the most Autostick parts
CIP1 has some but evw has the most different number of parts but the freight costs from the USA to Australia are now very high.. $$$$ due to Air freight costs..  similar happens in Europe and the UK..

Lee in Australia

-- Helping keep Autostick beetles on the road --
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

http://photobucket.com/68autobug

Offline itskyle

« Reply #17 on: 25 September 2016, 17:22 »
Long enterprises is closing up shop...  Owners are retiring.

KGPR seemed to have some autostick parts.

Kyle

Offline 68autobug

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2016, 11:37 »

I remember many years ago someone buying a new Semi Auto clutch plate and after measuring the old plate [30+yrs] and the New plate, found they were identical...
as the clutch plate doesn't really wear because of the torque converter.
The clutch bearing can be disassembled and filled with Lithium based MOLY grease and will last just about forever...  Use the same grease in wheel bearings and front torsion bar suspenson also.
I have also heard of genuine VW clutch linings being attached to a semi automatic clutch disc..
I'm not sure what the clutch linings were off????

LEE in Australia
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

Offline phxjohn

« Reply #20 on: 01 December 2016, 00:21 »
Hi Lee,

I bet the autostick clutch discs do last a very long time due to being lightly loaded and other factors. I would like to thank you for the pictures that you have posted and the other tips that are very helpful. Another autostick is in my future. I do not know exactly when. I would prefer a 73-75 Super sedan with autostick. For someone anticipating a purchase some time in the future, it is a bit scary as the autosticks seem to me to be becoming more rare by the day. I can only assume that the swapping out of the autostick trans to a 4 speed manual is continuing. On thesamba.com there is not one autostick here in AZ. And this is 'heaven' for old cars due to the fact that they do not rust out here.

Cheers,
John

Offline 66bugman

« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2017, 03:58 »
I found on the VW museum website while looking into the birth certificate that they had a classic parts section and while browsing it I found a bunch of autostick items to include the control valve solenoid and atf lines here is the link to the page with the parts listings http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/spare-parts/kafer.html?p=19

Offline 68autobug

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2017, 07:52 »
Hi Lee,

I bet the autostick clutch discs do last a very long time due to being lightly loaded and other factors. I would like to thank you for the pictures that you have posted and the other tips that are very helpful. Another autostick is in my future. I do not know exactly when. I would prefer a 73-75 Super sedan with autostick. For someone anticipating a purchase some time in the future, it is a bit scary as the autosticks seem to me to be becoming more rare by the day. I can only assume that the swapping out of the autostick trans to a 4 speed manual is continuing. On thesamba.com there is not one autostick here in AZ. And this is 'heaven' for old cars due to the fact that they do not rust out here.

Cheers,
John
Yes, there aren't any VW trained technicians/mechanics who trained on autosticks about now. Because there are so many extra parts compared to a manual many people are scared to have one in case something happens, and I FOUND here in Australia years ago, many VW mechanics advised people NOT to buy one and to sell one if they already have one because of the problems that can happen...  which are simple things like an electrical open circuit due to a broken wire or a vacuum leak from a cracked hose.... which are both very common. and they are getting older and older...lol.. 
a 1954 beetle [unrestored][last road registered 1990] was sold here in Australia for $27,000 last week...  so the older  models are still worth a lot of money, depending of course who wants to buy it and how much they want topay...
 Lee   68autobug

Offline 68autobug

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2017, 07:56 »

I forgot to mention that I have two spare gearboxes plus spares of most things, so there isn't anything I really need.  I like to have spares of most things.... and I carry a few spares in the boot all the time...
Lee  68autobug

Offline itskyle

« Reply #24 on: 15 April 2017, 05:03 »
I found on the VW museum website while looking into the birth certificate that they had a classic parts section and while browsing it I found a bunch of autostick items to include the control valve solenoid and atf lines here is the link to the page with the parts listings http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/spare-parts/kafer.html?p=19
Doesn't appear to allow U.S. citizens to register?

Offline volkenstein

« Reply #25 on: 19 April 2017, 04:42 »
All,
     A few US brethren have found that Belmetric have stopped stocking/selling the RH12W hose (reinforced vacuum hose). So - that leaves Type 2 brake booster hose or Merc/BMW brake booster hose as acceptable alternatives. Or if you can find any shop selling this Continental brand hosing - post up...

Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

Offline volkenstein

« Reply #27 on: 09 August 2017, 09:54 »
All,
    Lucas tripped across this (for replacing the RH12W vac hose) :

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/gates-3728/performance-16477/engine-16841/engine---brake-plumbing-16551/brake-lines---accessories-16709/brake-hose-ends---ferrules-18688/15-32-inch-hose/27231/4330548

He reports it appears ok thus var. Has a 27 in /Hg vac rating and the size is closer to 12mm than 1/2 inch.

Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"