Sources for AutoStick Parts

Started by Bookwus, 11 March 2009, 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic

KevM

the converter bolts for CIP shows a dead page now (UK and searching)
I think I have found an alternative, titanium ones with a 10mm spanner head (13mm won't fit) so if they work I'll post up the link

but if anyone has some please get in touch

KevM

found some, for anyone else these are the best you'll get (at time of writing)
Don't go titanium, it reacts with steel.

these ones are stainless but you will need to cut down by 5mm.. but they do a great job and fit !

https://raceboltuk.com/product/s-steel-flanged-hex-extra-small-head-bolt-m8-x-1-25mm-pitch-x-20mm-long/

Small head bolts.

sb001

Quote from: Tom K. on 18 March 2019, 23:22

2] The transmission gasket is becoming harder to find.  CIP1 sited above no longer has it.  sb001 has suggested FCPEuro at an *amazing* price of about $2.50.  I recently ordered 5 and received this reply today:   
Thank you for your recent order. The Oil Pan Gasket you have requested is currently only available in a quantity of 1. Would you like us to proceed with sending you the one unit or will you need to make alternative arrangements in light of this situation? We apologize fir the inconvenience on this matter.

Kind regards, Dan

I obviously bought the one unit. I emailed back to learn if more are coming in, and they said not that they know of but to check back.  When this arrives, I'm going to sketch it and try to cut one out of gasket paper.

I was recently contacted by Marcel @ vwnos.com (Heimlich over on the Samba) who has a pile of West German Goetz autostick pan gaskets for only $5 apiece! For that price I went ahead and ordered 3 to have a couple spares. Here is the link:

https://www.vwnos.com/001-301-139-a

Quote from: Tom K. on 18 March 2019, 23:22
3] Vacuum hoses: I went this option: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/fra-810008/overview/.  A Samba member has used it successfully and recommended it to me on my active refresh thread over on Samba.

That seems like a really good deal. I had found several vendors (and VW dealerships) that still offered the original wire reinforced 12mm cloth braided hose (VW part # N-020-390-1); most seem to have discounted the price from over $50 down to around $32-$35, but none of them say what length of hose they are selling. If it is just one meter as I believe it to be, then the Summit Racing hose is a much better deal.

KevM

I went to a hydraulic pipe company and they made me up a ATF tank to pump pipe. It cost me about £20 GBP, the fittings for ATF tank or vacuum are fairly std

sb001

Quote from: KevM on 18 August 2019, 21:39
I went to a hydraulic pipe company and they made me up a ATF tank to pump pipe. It cost me about £20 GBP, the fittings for ATF tank or vacuum are fairly std

From what I've seen from Wheeler Dealers and the like, British companies seem to be a LOT more willing to do that kind of one-off work for an individual. If you live in the States, good luck.

KevM

Hi,
I'm trying to find torque converter seal (both types)
001 301 083B

In the UK. I can get ones no 'B' and US sites show they're available (staggering shipping costs though) but nothing over here.

Anyone in UK possibly help.?
Kev

KevM

well good news (for me) I managed to get all the seals I needed.
I have both semi auto seals 001-301-083 and 001-301-083-B

and the automatic camper seal 003-519-089-D for 010 gearbox (think 090 and possibly will fit the 003 box too)

Looks like the semi auto B and non B are same size but they are sprung differently. There is a good chance it was a design upgrade to the B version.