News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

Autostick info wanted

Started by cdeaner01, November 22, 2005, 04:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdeaner01

Hello All,

I'm putting together a free online technical resource for the autostick. I'm asking for anyone who has information to send it to me. I think that everyone on this site has some knowledge, and If I put it together I think it would be nice and convenient that can be give away to everyone. If you only have knowledge in your head and no documentation then just email me what you have in your head and I will just ad it with your  credit.
Any thing you have would or could do would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
hristopher Dean
72' Super Conv.

chumley

wish I can help, all the knowledge I have I got from here  :lol: Thanks for the help!  I do know where there are a few "Parts cars" in central IL.
8' NB (oddly enough not the daily driver)
'68 AS  the daily driver
'73 RHD Sponsored by the American Cancer Society LOL

Brian

Hi Chris,

I am restoring a '73 and have joined to gain info for the auto-stick.  This is the sixth beetle that I have owned but the first auto-stick thus I'm rather in the dark myself.  I have been tempted to convert it to the standard but am finding it hard to justify.  I came across this site today and found it interesting and will be asking questions!

Brian

68AutoBug

Hi Chris,
Have a look at My website for some information....
I have been working on My car for many years...
I finally had it registered on the road in early december 2005...
and Now I have the engine out again... twice since March...

Luckily I have 12 different workshop/owners/service manuals...
and the removeable rear valance is great to take the engine out...

This should be the LAST time for many years... I Hope... LOL..

Lee Noonan  
ttp://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
--- 68AutoBug  ---  Lee  ---  Australia ---
-- helping keep Air Cooled Volkswagen Automatics on the road -  Around the World --

johnr

Lee:  You've been a big help to me.  I got the rebuild kit for my servo
and now it's as airtight as new.  I reinstalled it today and hope I got everything right!  That removable valance of yours is great!