News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

Want to Buy - axles for 1970 autostick transmission

Started by dragontrike, February 23, 2006, 04:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragontrike

Am currently building a VW trike that originally came with a 1200cc engine and the manual transmission.  I have converted it over to a 1970 1600 super beetle engine and have picked up an automatic transmission for it.  Unfortunately the transmission did not come with the axles, shifter linkage, and compressor.  I have been searching hi and low for these parts and cannot even find part numbers, pictures or what the proper name of the axles are.  Any information would be appreciated, and would be interested in buying these parts.

Thanks in advance,
Ed

volkenstein

Dragontrike,
                On Beetles, Autosticks use IRS driveshafts with a mating stub axle held in the diagonal arms off the frame horn. You would need a pair of each.

Big question is : Is your box a fully automatic (out of a type 3 or ???) or a semi auto?

Any Type 3 forum can provide help with their auto.
www.thesamba.com or www.shoptalkforums.com.

Enjoy
Volkenstein
1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"

dragontrike

Am in the process of verifying, but as far as I can tell, it is a type 2 semi-automatic, as it looks nothing like the picture at the type 3 forum.

Now to track down the necessary parts--any suggestions?

Thanks, Ed

volkenstein

Dragontrike,
                Go to www.thesamba.com , then go to the classifieds, go to search and type in the word "auto" as your keyword.

Lots of people there offloading complete set-ups.

Enjoy
Volkenstein
1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"

Dennis Flora

Type 2 is a bus, and I have never seen an autostick in a bus. Type 3 is fastbacks and squarebacks, and they came with 4 speeds, autosticks, and full auto's. Type 1 is the bugs, and they came with 4 speeds and autosticks. I hope I got that right....
ive to Ride, Ride to Dinner