Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1429 times)

• Email
Hi all
« on: January 09, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »
I recently bought a 68 Beetle Convertible with the semi auto - great to have a forum just for the two pedal cars.  This is my second bug convertible, my first being a 69 with standard transmission.  For fear of sounding like a heretic I must ask myself what the point was back in 68. How hard was it to figure out a clutch for godsake!  That aside, I like the semi auto now. I bought the car 100 miles away and drove it home treating it like a 3 speed. Found out after I looked at the book that the low gear isn't really used much!  :roll:
Anyway, great forum I'll be on all the time. Already had some questions that were in the back of my mind answered in the tech forum.
968 semi auto Beetle Convertible

• Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 05:10:49 AM »
Hi and welcome to the board! Gotta love a vehicle we don't see much of (sardine can and hacked jobs aside) down here.

You'll find your beastie's clutch will last longer driving it like a 3 speed, although taking off in 1st Range isn't too much bother.

Mike (Bookwus) has a post (or inside a post) about care and maintenance for autosticks that should be a must read for all newcomers. See if you can hunt it down.

If you need a copy of a scanned Stickshift section of the Bentley (Blue, not Orange) send me a PM and I'll e-mail all 6Mb of it to you.

1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"