News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

Hi all

Started by BugBug68, January 10, 2007, 03:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BugBug68

I recently bought a 68 Beetle Convertible with the semi auto - great to have a forum just for the two pedal cars.  This is my second bug convertible, my first being a 69 with standard transmission.  For fear of sounding like a heretic I must ask myself what the point was back in 68. How hard was it to figure out a clutch for godsake!  That aside, I like the semi auto now. I bought the car 100 miles away and drove it home treating it like a 3 speed. Found out after I looked at the book that the low gear isn't really used much!  :roll:
Anyway, great forum I'll be on all the time. Already had some questions that were in the back of my mind answered in the tech forum.
968 semi auto Beetle Convertible

volkenstein

Hi and welcome to the board! Gotta love a vehicle we don't see much of (sardine can and hacked jobs aside) down here.

You'll find your beastie's clutch will last longer driving it like a 3 speed, although taking off in 1st Range isn't too much bother.

Mike (Bookwus) has a post (or inside a post) about care and maintenance for autosticks that should be a must read for all newcomers. See if you can hunt it down.

If you need a copy of a scanned Stickshift section of the Bentley (Blue, not Orange) send me a PM and I'll e-mail all 6Mb of it to you.

Enjoy
Volkenstein
1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"