News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

Shifting problems

Started by jrhemperley, March 08, 2007, 12:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrhemperley

Okay,
I've checked out most the vaccum  system, I'm alittle confused on leak testing the clutch servo, actually alot confused. Volkenstein sent me great info, but I cannot determine if the clutch servo is losing air with the info I was provided with.  :cry:
Torque converter bolted up. I'm havingn trouble testing the vaccum control regarding the solenoid.
Also How do I go about attaching pics??????????? I"m new to all this stuff. But a great site.....  :lol:

volkenstein

jrhemperley,
                  To check the servo you can jack the car up and put it on stands. Undo the hose clamp and remove the hose from the servo. It's easier if you disconnect the clutch arm (remove cotter pin and pull out the pin holding the arm and servo rod together) and then put your finger over the servo spigot and push the servo arm back into the servo. You shouldn't be able to or it'll blow your finger off the spigot. Depending on degree of difficulty do the reverse - push rod in, finger over the spigot and
then try to pull the rod out. Don't forget to replace the pin and cotter pin (may be a washer or two as well) afterward.

The solenoid test is electrical. If it goes "click" when the gearstick is depressed (or jumped as I suggested), you'll have vacuum going to the servo.

The CV (control valve) should have the 3 large and 1 small hoses checked for crumbling/leaks.  The path for vacuum is from the inlet manifold to the CV. This feeds the hose to the reservoir at the same time via the CV. The clutch servo doesn't see vacuum until the solenoid is fired by the gear stick.

For pics, create yourself a photobucket (www.photobucket.com or a similar photo hosting site) account, upload your pics and then you can cut and paste the "IMG/etc" tag shown below your pics into a topic on this board.

Or if you have pics already, shoot them to ctefehinoz@hotmail.com and I can take a look/see.

Enjoy
Volkenstein
1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"