News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

Shifter wire

Started by tstone, March 12, 2007, 01:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstone

So can someone tell me were this wire goes Mine was cut and replaced. Then tied back to what appears to org brown wire to switch. By tranny!! Then I have a wire going from starter to batt I think a neutral saftey switch went bad and that is why all this was done were can I pick up those switches:  
4 Vert 70 A/S

tstone

Also my  70 auto sticks script on back Only has Volkswagon not auto stick what years did they say what? I like the auto stick on back but want the org look?
4 Vert 70 A/S

68AutoBug

Autostick badges were not used in Australia...
they do not fit the engine lids with vents in them..
1968 was the year they were used..

the wire goes from the base of the gearlever to the RHS of the engine bay
and connects to the control valve.. the other wire to the control wire usually comes from the coil +Power+

cheers

Lee noonan

http://mmunity.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug

check My website for info...

Lee Noonan

ttp://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
--- 68AutoBug  ---  Lee  ---  Australia ---
-- helping keep Air Cooled Volkswagen Automatics on the road -  Around the World --

tstone

Well were is the neutral saftey switch located? Thanks! I checked out your page that bug is nice Mine is going to be bare stock.
4 Vert 70 A/S

volkenstein

tstone,
        In your for sale pics, you can see the N-S switch. Right up on the gearbox nosecone on the LHS as you look engine to beam (or Drivers side on LHD car). Big round cover is over it and it's got three prongs, two for the thicker starter motor wire connections and one for the gearstick.

Volkenstein
1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"

tstone

I Knew it was that or the two side by side I was going to keep this as a/s but the tunnel had new pan halfs and frame head welded in a poor manner! causing the bottom of tunnel about 8 inches back to rust as well as the chassis support ends to rust away! So I am using my other pan and going 4 spd since I have tranny and pan all together. I really wanted to keep this all org! I hope some one can buy this set-up It is in perfect running order Thanks Tim
4 Vert 70 A/S