News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

could something be blowing out my clutch servo diaphragm?

Started by cisco3609, March 27, 2007, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cisco3609

I found a replacement at Bugcity.com. But before I put in the new clutch servo I need to make sure there is nothing causing these blow outs. My old diaphragm had a hole in it, and I replaced it about two years ago. Now this one has the same kind of tear. Was it just a weak diaphragm or is there something else causing the problem

volkenstein

cisco3609,
              Two things I can think of.
1. Dubious quality of the actual rubber/moulding used in the replacement. Hakgun on this forum used a bicycle vulcaniser patch to fix his, try it as it would make that part stronger. Put it on the side facing the engine, not the vacuum spigot so the patch is "drawn in".

2. On re-assembly, make sure the rod/diaphragm assembly touches the back of the servo with the three rubber bungs, then tighten the clamp.

I guess a third tip may be to keep the gearstick "in motion" for as little time as possible and no resting your hand on it when driving (you probably don't but I'll say it anyway....)

HTH
Volkenstein
1 Super RHD Semi-Auto "Klaus"