News:

This forum is opened for archival purpose, users will be able to search for old information but not post.

Main Menu

VWAR sticker

Started by vwar, November 30, 2003, 10:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwar

We are now finally making some vinyl stickers that can be stick on cars, (or where ever you want).

The design are almost finish, only some small changes before we can send it to the company that will print them to us. Hopefully they will arrive in the first weeks of 2004, or maybe Santa have listen to us and deliver them a little earlier  :D

bookwus

Hiya VWAR,

I'm all for getting my hands on a sticker.  Please forward us details when they arrive.

And on a similar note.............would anybody be interested in reproducing the original rear window sticker which came in AutoStick VWs in 1969, 70, 71, and possibly later?  This was a long (about 20 inches) sticker which was placed in the bottom of the rear window.  It simply said "Automatic Stick Shift"

Just curious.  I know I'd like to get my hands on such a decal/sticker.

Mike

1970 AS Bug
ike

70 AS Bug

vwar

Hi Mike

More detail on the VWAR sticker will soon be posted on the forum :-)

To reproduce the "Automatic Stick Shift" sticker, i need some more detail about it (picture anyone?)
This is properly the same Volkswagen use for Europe (VW Automatic), to get a price from my supplier i need more information of size, fonts etc.

Bjorn

rokurmen

:shock: As far as I know, that vintage sticker on the rear windshield just said: "VW Automatic" written on white letters, and clear back.
olkswagen Club de Colombia.
http://www.vwclubcol.com/
rodrigo@vwclubcol.com
http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/vwclubcol/

bookwus

Hiya Bjorn,

The decal/sticker used here in the States read like this........
Automatic Stick Shift.  And, as rokurmen describes, it was white letters on a clear background.

I can tell you just about anything (as soon as I find my notes) about this sticker/decal  EXCEPT the font style.  I was actively trying to track down the font (and pictures of the actual decal - do you remember posting a notice for me on your old site?) but I never did determine the font.  It is unique in several respects.

If we have people here at VWAR who would like to have a copy of this sticker, I can resume my search for the font.  It was a stock OEM item on all 1969-1971 (and perhaps 1972 and later) Bugs and KGs.  1968 had the rear decklid chrome fixture.

Mike

1970 AS Bug
ike

70 AS Bug

vwar

I have a pictures of the "VW Automatic" decal (somewhere), and if i am lucky the rest of the sticker still are on the same car, so i can take some measurement.

Even i remember the posting on the old site :D
Have some old friends at Volkswagen, and maybe they are able to trace the font style, know a lot of the old material are gone, but it's worth a try.

Bjorn

bookwus

Hiya Bjorn,

The remnants of the sticker were in my car when I purchased it a few years back.  From the "footprint" left on the rear window I was able to get some good measurements.  And I still have them around somewhere.

Duplicating this decal (once the font is determined) should be pretty straightforward.  If an old decal could be found, reproduction would be as simple as putting it in a scanner.

I had thought of contacting the folks at the Stiftung Automuseum for their assistance.  In any event, please do keep me up-to-date on what you find out from your friends at VW.

Mike

1970 AS Bug
ike

70 AS Bug

68AutoBug

I would be interested in a sticker also...
Probably everyone who has an auto VW would want one....
KillaKornCobb [Damien] would probably want one too..
His 68 Beetle has the 'Stick Shift' badge which wasn't used in Australia....
We just had the 'VW Automatic'  Badge...

regards

Lee Noonan -- 68AutoBug -- Australia --

ttp://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
--- 68AutoBug  ---  Lee  ---  Australia ---
-- helping keep Air Cooled Volkswagen Automatics on the road -  Around the World --

bookwus

Hiya Bjorn,

It's been awhile since this forum has hosted any traffic.  I was wondering where we might be insofar as the sticker goes.  I haven't seen anything on the site so far about the sticker.

And...............any news on the "Automatic Stick Shift" decal for the back window from your friends at Volkswagen?
ike

70 AS Bug

vwar

The sticker i receive was a disaster, the quality of the vinyl they use was not good, and the print was not any better. So i had to design a new one, and a sample are on my "daily drive" to see if it manage the Norwegian weather, looks good so far  :D

250 new stickers will be ordered (from another company), a little unsure when they can deliver them.

We have also try to trace the font of the "Automatic Stick Shift" sticker with no luck so far, but we are hoping .........

And if anyone wonder, the VWAR sticker will be 4.25"oval, and look like this :

bookwus

Hiya Bjorn,

Looks nice.  I'm in for a couple of them at least.  Let me know when you get them in.

And thanks for continuing to track down the information on that rear window sticker/decal.  It is appreciated.
ike

70 AS Bug

dmc

"We have also try to trace the font of the "Automatic Stick Shift" sticker"

So someone actually has an original sticker or at least a image of one?  Has anyone checked about having it put into photoshop and maybe redraw it freehand and print from there?  I also have a freind that has TONS of fonts (computer graphics degree).  If anyone has a picture of the sticker I would love to see what it looks like.  Love the VWAR sticker, I will probably need a few myself.
ean - 1970 Autostick Beetle

vwar

I have part of the "VW Automatic" sticker available, sitting on my friends car :)

And your idea to put it into photoshop and redraw it is really good. I shall try to take a picture and try to redraw it in photoshop.

cjmck422

How would one go about getting the vwar stickers? :)

vwar

Happy New Year to you all :-)

We are starting the new year with some good news, the VWAR stickers are under production. I will properly receive the stickers in 3 - 8 weeks time. A little unsure about the quantity, but it is between 250 - 500.

I will upload a form on Internet, where the stickers can be ordered. We are working with the price, to make it as cheap as possible, we have no intention to make any profit on the stickers. Looks like  one optional payment method will be PayPal.

The size of the stickers is 4.25" x 2.75" oval. Thats almost all i know for the moment, the only other thing is the t-shirt, mug and cap we are designing for the moment, hopefully will i get the layout ready on Friday, so you can order on Saturday :wink: