1970 AS Beetle

Started by Dyngo, 14 October 2007, 04:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyngo

It has been some time since I have had access to your site and it seems my original login has been deleted.  Thats ok because I cannot remember what it was. 

Now on to business.  I am looking to sell my 1970 AS Beetle.  It is Cobalt Blue (less than perfect paint job), has one piece windows, new weather striping all around, aluminum trim has been removed from the body, with the exception of the VW emblem and pop out window frames, chrome Tbar bumpers (i believe we also have new bumpers and brackets), the seats have been recovered (off white w/new foam), new headliner installed.

It has many other new parts, carpet (inside & trunk), hub caps,  door handles, trunk latch, running boards (polished SS), rear fenders, all turn signals, tail lights, headlights (H3 conversion), electric windshield washer, very good tires, pop out windows tinted, new ball joints, steering dampener, shocks all around, brakes, new master cylinder, new windshield (tint on top edge), and other little new parts.

This was a california beetle so it has the emissions canister under the pass rear fender, this was rebuilt by me with directions I found on this site some time back, it also has one under the hood by fuel tank that I did not get a chance to get too.  The engine runs well, tranny has no problems that I know about, heat exchangers are in good shape and work very well.  I also have a spare DP AS engine out of a 74 ghia that is partially disassembled, down to block, cylinders, and heads (most of tin is there and accessories except Alt.) if the buyer is interested in it also (price neg.).  ALSO This car comes with a tow bar and is wired as a trailer, yes thats right the harness has a flat 4 trailer harness on it so you don't have to put those magnetic lights on it if you tow it. 

My father and I had put alot of work into this car, I really like it but do not have the room at my new house and he since retired and moved to Michigan with the car and he does not have the room for it either.  There are some things that still need to be done to make this car nice, the trim one the one piece windows needs a little work, the carpet needs installed, wheels need painted, etc....  Heater channels are solid, floors are solid with exception of battery area, this was cleaned and reinforced with 2 layers of fiberglass and was painted with battery paint.  I'll have to scrounge up some pictures to post them.  The car is located about 30 minutes outside of Traverse City, Michigan.  Taking offers for now.

Dean
dmc_medphoto@hotmail.com

Bookwus

Hiya Dean,

I certainly recall your participation here.  You and I talked about renewing the emissions canister.  I'm glad to see that worked out for you.  By the way, with that done you are all set up and ready to go.  The "canister" next to the gas tank in the trunk is actually just an empty expansion tank.

Sorry to see that you are selling.  From what I recall, you had a very nice car and a good project underway.  Your car reminded me of one of mine, also a Cobalt Blue 1970.

Best of luck on the sale.  I'm sure that somebody will be getting a good car.
Mike

1970 AS Bug

kimbill

Do you still have the car? .......Did you ever post pictures

Bill in MN.

Dyngo

As a matter of fact I do still have the Beetle and it is still for sale.  I currently placed an ad on The Samba website for it.  The link is below.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=657470

I really hate parting with it, its a blast to drive.

Thank you for looking

Dyngo