Alas, I must part with my 1969 A/S...

Started by Chris the Eagle, 17 September 2008, 02:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris the Eagle

Hi Gang

Well, the time has come in my life, that I must make some hard decisions.  This is one of them.  You all have seen me work on my 69 and I have had a great time doing so.  I have really enjoyed the experience of working on an A/S and I hope to own one again someday.  I have decided to continue my education in college to a master's level and I will not have any time to work on my VW.  So, I am putting it up for sale. 
Currently, the engine is out of the car and 80% rebuilt with most of the parts to finish the job.  The body is off of the chassis and ready to replace floor pans and any work on the A/S tranny.  I have never run the car since I have owned it.  I am confident that the tranny is in good to great shape.  The diaphragms in the exterior parts for the A/S hold a vacuum and I would assume are in great working order.  I have put new tires on it, installed 25% of a new wiring harness (for manual not A/S), primer coated the interior, refurbished the gas tank, and installed new battery.  The biggest challenge that I had with the car was the rust issue.  I have one pan for the driver's side but, the new owner would have to replace the passenger side.  I also purchased and fabbed a replacement for the rear luggage compartment metal.  The remaining rust seems to be in the heater channels.  The body is in great shape with little rust and a nice chocolate brown color (sarcasm on the color!).  I have removed most of the dirt and grime from the chassis and I have kept all of the bolts and parts that I have removed.  I also gave the pedal assembly a good looking over, replacing springs and rings.  The master cylinder is shot and the brake lines are questionable.  I have also removed all lights from the body.  The headlights are no good so they would need to be replaced.  Besides showing a picture or being asked a specific question, these are all the modifications that I can think of.
It really pains me to give it up, I have spent hours of time working on it, but I know that my schooling must be first.  I have put over $2000 into parts and cost, I am asking for $1500 for the entire car.  I would like to sell it whole, but as time passes I may be willing to part it out.  I do have a  new title on it that is registered to me.  I hope that one of you would be willing to purchase it or know of someone who does.  I live in Starkville, Mississippi, zip 39759 and it would have to be picked up.  I cannot deliver.  If you have any questions, just ask.  I will try to have pictures up soon.  Thanks for considering and I plan to continue to be a member of VWAR even though my VW will be gone.  Thanks to all.

Chris the Eagle
God Bless
Chris

69 A/S VW

Trike Man

Chirs, still got your car?  If you decide to part it out, let me know.
Thanks

Chris the Eagle

Sorry, I have taken it off of the market.  I plan on trying to work on it again.  thanks
God Bless
Chris

69 A/S VW