Torque converter stator

Started by olgunc, 12 May 2023, 21:06

Previous topic - Next topic

olgunc

Dear friends,
The stator gears of my torque converter is stripped. Do you know who sells that part?

68autobug

Hi,
I don't believe You would be able to purchase the Torque Converter Stator as a seperate part. Maybe You can find a NEW Torque converter somewhere. That is an odd Law not being able to purchase 2nd hand goods from outside Turkey.  Because of their age, You would be lucky to find a new torque converter anywhere also. I hope You can find a  Torque converter somewhere in Turkey.  I wonder why the stator gear is stripped, I have never heard of this happening.

Lee - Autobug in Australia
-- Helping keep Autostick beetles on the road --
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

http://photobucket.com/68autobug

volkenstein

Olgun,
     Nasty. If you are unable to find a torque converter in Turkey - your only option is to get a new one made. Has the torque converter been split apart at all? (Transmission shop's do this). I will examine my spare TC to get a feel for what went wrong. I am with Lee on this - very odd to see such a wear pattern.

Regards
Sean
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"