Introduction to me and my '73 Automatic

Started by Disbloke, 25 April 2021, 13:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Disbloke

Hi I'm Kevin and I'm in Norfolk UK. Currently trying to sort a few niggling issues on '73 automatic beetle. Mainly crappy electrical bits, biggest pain is that clutch slams into gear. Having looked around the net, and here seems likely to be carb related as aside from the slamming does go into all gears and move and drive. The car was my ex's and was rebuilt about 15 years ago, did have twin carbs on but they have since disappeared and now has a Solex 34 pict-3, not put there by me though, distributor also has no vacuum so could need to change that too. The control valve has been relocated under the car and I do plan to bring it back to its original mount point in the engine bay. Hoping I don't get too many issues but will be nice to get the car running nicely again and slip gently into gear.

volkenstein

Kevin,
         Ouch - P.O'd well and truly. I think your plans are a major step in the right direction. A nice looking car anyway - a '73? Early or late? Thinking about the "park" feature on the gearbox.

HTH
Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"