Looking for a Good 34 PICT

Started by LA Irish, 15 April 2009, 05:01

Previous topic - Next topic

LA Irish

Well, Spring has sprung so to speak.  Finally decided to bite another bullet  :'( and get myself a new carb.  The current carb is a 31/32 PICT 3.  Any suggestions on where I can purchase a 34 PICT, one properly set up for my 70 AS DP?  I really would like something plug and play with a minimum of fussing around once I get it.   Since I don't have one to have rebuilt,  I'll need to buy it outright.

Thanks

LA Irish (aka Bob)

LA Irish (AKA Bob)

Bookwus

Hiya Bob,

Contact Keith Doncaster (Keifernet over at the Samba).  While Keith does specialize in rebuilding owner's carbs (one of the few folks who can rebush carbs and do it right) he has a big stock of carb bodies from which he can rebuild.  He is also "AutoStick aware" and knows what the unique requirements of an AutoStick carb are.  Finally, he has original German Solex carbs and you will not find a brand new carb that matches the quality of his work on a Solex.  The ONLY way to go!  Did I also mention that his total price will be less than a new Bocar?  Better and costs less - what a deal.

Tell him Mike sent you!
Mike

1970 AS Bug

LA Irish

Hey Mike

I remember you had said he was "THE MAN" when it came to AS carb set up.. I will get ahold of him and tell him you said he was the "Bomb"

Thanks

Bob
LA Irish (AKA Bob)

LA Irish

Hey Bookwus

Tried the Samba site but no response from Keith yet.  If I don't get a response over the weekend, is there anybody else you can recommend?

Thanks

Bob
LA Irish (AKA Bob)

hercdriver

Irish,

I have no idea what kind of product this guy puts out, but here's his ad.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=741560

Dave
1973 AS Super "Otto"
1975 Westy "Julius"

LA Irish

Hey Dave

Thanks for the tip.  I contacted them and they are looking into their stock to see if they have one already built for an AS.  If not they said they would build one for me within two weeks (most likely 5-6 work days).

Thanks for the lead.  They have got a great web site !

Bob
LA Irish (AKA Bob)

Bookwus

Hiya Bob,

Yep, I have heard good things about Carb Junkys.

Don't know what's going on with Keith.  It just so happens that I sent him an e-mail last week and I've not had a response from him.  Wonder if his e-mail is on the fritz?  He is still regularly contributing over at TS.  You might try contacting him via one of the TS forums.
Mike

1970 AS Bug

LA Irish

To All

Well got my 34 PICT from Keifernet a couple of week ends ago and just installed it on my 70 AS......Wow what a difference a well built and tuned carb makes.  Keith rebuilt it, installed it on his test engine (even sent him my dizzy to run it with)   Great job and well worth the  two week turnaround.

As close to out of the box,  bolt it in and drive as you can get.

Bob
LA Irish (AKA Bob)

Bookwus

Hiya Bob,

Yep, the only way to go!
Mike

1970 AS Bug