Wanted: A/S Pedal Parts

Started by Chris the Eagle, 11 September 2007, 19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris the Eagle

Hi all,

I just removed my pedal assembly while I am renovating my VW when I noticed that my springs are badly rusted and some are falling apart.  If anyone has some spare springs and is willing to part with them, just let me know.  Also if there is a website that would sell these parts I would appreciate the info.

Thanks
Chris
God Bless
Chris

69 A/S VW

Bookwus

Hiya Chris,

I have never seen individual pedal assembly parts (other than the rubber pedal pad) for sale anywhere.  That means that you are probably faced with buying a complete AS pedal assembly or somehow outsourcing those springs.  I don't know enough about springs and their tensile strength to go about searching up replacements on an individual basis, so I'd go out looking for a pedal assembly - but that's just me.

If I were looking for an AS pedal assembly, I have a VW boneyard in my general area that I head for.  If you do not have such a local resource, you might try an online VW salage yard such as Way Out at http://www.wayoutsalvage.com/
Mike

1970 AS Bug

68autobug

Anyone know if manual pedal springs will fit??

Lee

-- Helping keep Autostick beetles on the road --
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

http://photobucket.com/68autobug

Bookwus

Hiya Lee,

I don't know for sure (it's been a while now since I've had a manual pedal assembly apart) but I don't think the two are compatible parts-wise.
Mike

1970 AS Bug

Chris the Eagle

The spring for the accel pedal will fit the same, but the brake parts can't be found.  I have found some springs at the shop that I work at and I am going to see if they will work.
God Bless
Chris

69 A/S VW

Achilles

The accelerator pedal spring can be found at Mid-America Direct; they sell a rebuild kit that has it and the hinge pin for the pedal.  The larger tension spring, I believe is the same manual vs. auto trans (possibly p/n 211 259 283) check West Coast Metric, Mid-America, Airhead Parts, Aircooled.net, Wolfsburg West if no then used parts sellers BFY Obsolete Parts, The Samba, etc.

If absoluetly no got drop me a PM.
Larry

1970 AS Karmann Ghia Cabriolet