automatic samba

Started by automaticsamba, 14 November 2007, 18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

nbturbo

Thanks Phil-I'm on to it now-can figure out what you did.Have you got the engine sealing properly on the original rubber seal?I can't remember what the Type 3's used for an engine support at the bellhousing-thought it was just at the front and the wide bar across the rear.I have bought another Type 3 auto as well as one from an 1800 Bus-trying to decide which one to use in my Drag car.Will probably use the Bus one with the lower diff ratio and use the Type 3 for a Splitty conversion.Looks like doing a Splitty will be a lot easier than what I had to do in my Oval.I will have to find out what a Type 25 is.Cheers Gary.

AUTO

Hi gary a type 25 is type 3 transporter [wedgie]
The engine seals fine i had to weld a 30 mm lip
on the top rear tin to fill the gap between it and
the petrol tank shelf
good luck all the best phil     

automaticsamba

Hi folks
just a quick up date with the auto samba it's not for the stock vw fans but it wasnt stock before, i dont do stock any way i cant help tinkering with things but before any one gives me greaf ive done all the work to it so every thing can be returned to stock every thing can just bolt on or off  
after doing a similar thing to my t25 [vanagon] which transformed it i took the plunge and got a cheap 2lt subaru legacy off ebay i hadnt got big bucks for a performance aircooled motor and im getting too old to be under it all the time i just want to be able to jump in and be off with no worries, so hope fully it will be worth it when it's done just a bit of fine tuning now and it will be ready for the summer  any way it's still an auto  ;D      

volkenstein

Phil,
     We luv ya work anyway, even if you've crossed to "the dark scubie side" ;D.

Was wondering what you'd been up to, and that is a seriously fantastic Samba!

Regards
Sean
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

automaticsamba

Hi Sean
thanks mate the convertable as been sat in the garage unloved for a couple of years no so im determined to get back on with it this summer and thats stopping aircooled, then finally i will have all my vdubs working at once it's only took me 10 years  :-[ 
cheers phil