Author Topic: New guy  (Read 2417 times)

Offline OceanBus

New guy
« on: 05 November 2011, 15:19 »
Hello, name is Paul and just got on the site. Lots of great info on here. I have a 69 AS that was a one owner and is all original. We got it with 67k on it and have had it for a few years now and up to 84k. I also have a 72 westy that has been down this year so we have been camping in the bug all summer. It's a little different to say the least but I also have a old Appleby that we have been pulling around. So anyway just wanted to kinda introduce myself and put up a few pics.

Offline OceanBus

Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2011, 15:19 »
Here is one with the Appleby set up.

Offline OceanBus

« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2011, 15:21 »
On the way to Chicago from Louisville somewhere in Indiana.

Offline original68

« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2011, 17:51 »
Great pics! Good to see others aren't afraid to get out on the highway in a vintage vw. I drive mine everywhere, It's never let me down.
1968 Vw Type 1 Autostick
2008 Audi A4 S line 6speed MT.

Offline volkenstein

« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2011, 01:53 »
Oceanbus,
                Good stuff!! You and ebbingnl should compare notes sometime! How much weight is the trailer?

Regards
Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

Offline OceanBus

« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2011, 21:22 »
The Appleby weighs about 300 empty. Once you put the canvas, poles, and camping gear in probably around 450. I can move it around by hand with it full fairly easily. The bug pulls it really good for a stock 1500 sp. We pulled it to about 10 campouts this year and thats with 2 young kids and wife. Next year we will be back to the bus for camping.

anything