New guy

Started by OceanBus, 05 November 2011, 15:19

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanBus

Hello, name is Paul and just got on the site. Lots of great info on here. I have a 69 AS that was a one owner and is all original. We got it with 67k on it and have had it for a few years now and up to 84k. I also have a 72 westy that has been down this year so we have been camping in the bug all summer. It's a little different to say the least but I also have a old Appleby that we have been pulling around. So anyway just wanted to kinda introduce myself and put up a few pics.

OceanBus

Here is one with the Appleby set up.

OceanBus

On the way to Chicago from Louisville somewhere in Indiana.

original68

Great pics! Good to see others aren't afraid to get out on the highway in a vintage vw. I drive mine everywhere, It's never let me down.
1968 Vw Type 1 Autostick
2008 Audi A4 S line 6speed MT.

volkenstein

Oceanbus,
                Good stuff!! You and ebbingnl should compare notes sometime! How much weight is the trailer?

Regards
Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

OceanBus

The Appleby weighs about 300 empty. Once you put the canvas, poles, and camping gear in probably around 450. I can move it around by hand with it full fairly easily. The bug pulls it really good for a stock 1500 sp. We pulled it to about 10 campouts this year and thats with 2 young kids and wife. Next year we will be back to the bus for camping.