Neutral Safety Switch

Started by 67vetteal, 07 September 2017, 23:43

Previous topic - Next topic

67vetteal

I'm a new Cabriolet Auto Stick owner and am really pleased about how much fun these cars are. The missing part on my car and I suspect many Auto Sticks is the Neutral Safety Switch. I can not help but wonder why nobody has reproduced them?  Any thoughts?  Al W.

itskyle

The autosticks, unfortunately, never caught on or saw the popularity that some of the modern "auto stick" sports cars and such.

As a matter of fact, here in the states among the vw crowd it has kind of a pariah status.

As far as reproducing/getting it replaced, it looks an awful lot similar to the reverse switch from what I've seen...

Still, easier to find one of these nss switches than the elusive two year only autostick emblem.

Kyle

67vetteal

I hear you Kyle. I happen to really like my Auto Stick and have no fear of any repair that may come along. I am stocking various parts for anything that may come along. My car is a Cabriolet and that makes it even more unique. Thanks for the reply.  Al W.

68autobug

I had to purchase two complete transaxle autostick parts to get two spare switches... Yes, the NSS switch looks like it may be similar to the reverse switch, but I have never ever seen a reverse switch from an autostick transaxle. My car and the spares I have are all from a 1968 model car... which didn't have reverse switch in Australia as they did not have reverse lamps..... My reverse lamps work from a HELLA accessory switch which is screwed into the back of the SPEEDOMETER... when the cable goes backwards, the switch operates the reverse lamps...  All the switches in the transaxle are top German quality....  My car has only done about 70,000 miles...  total..

Lee in Australia
-- Helping keep Autostick beetles on the road --
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

http://photobucket.com/68autobug