My New AutoStick Ghia Photos

Started by autonewbie, 18 June 2009, 00:14

Previous topic - Next topic

autonewbie

Here are some photos of my "new" Ghia. I have had a stick Beetle, Fully automatic type3 and this is my first autostick. I am hopeing there are no major issues with it.

When I  was 15 I wanted a Ghia....It only took me 47 years to get one!   1970 Karmann Ghia Autostick.

volkenstein

Auto,
       Mmmmmm...droolworthy Ghia pRon...such a clean beastie! and welcome to the lunatic fringe!

Regards
Volkenstein
'71 RHD A-S Super - "Klaus"

Bookwus

Hiya Auto,

Welcome and Wow!

Nice car!

We hope you don't have any problems either.  But if you do, this is the place to look for answers!

See ya' out there on the road!
Mike

1970 AS Bug

68autobug

Hi

WOW, One very nice Karmann ghia...
I love that model with those tail lamps and front blinkers...

it looks New inside....

about $25,000AUS ++ worth in Australia...

You need to take the fuel filter OUT of the engine bay..

place it under the gas tank or over the LHS axle....

I'd hate to hear it had burnt ..

also a fire extinguisher or two for safety...

cheers

LEE
-- Helping keep Autostick beetles on the road --
   -1968 Silver metallic 1600 single port Beetle - with BOSCH  SVDA and new BROSOL H30/31 carburetor with GENIE Extractor exhaust system with a quiet thunderbird muffler

http://photobucket.com/68autobug

autonewbie

Those pictures were taken 2 days before I bought the car. I flew to Detroit to pick it up and drive it home. The very first thing I did in Detroit was change the fuel filter to a solid metal filter, and at the same time I bought a fire extinguisher to go with the fire extinguisher I already had here at home. So yes the car has 2 extinguishers and it made it all the way home, 1210 miles without any problems.
Right now the engine is out getting new heads, new fuel lines, the rear has had new bushings put in, new rubber brake lines have been installed, oil seals replaced, new push rod tubes, ball joints, plugs, wires, and other assorted items. Cleaned and painted the tins too. Should be finished soon. Last item will be an air conditioning system from Gilmore enterprises. Hard to live in Florida without AC.
When I  was 15 I wanted a Ghia....It only took me 47 years to get one!   1970 Karmann Ghia Autostick.

Bookwus

Hiya auto,

And I understand that Gilmore is aces with air conditioning.

Be sure to get out the camera and take a bunch of pictures for us.
Mike

1970 AS Bug